Tuesday 22 October 2013

Dear Future Husband

I think it’s very important for you to know that I really hope you are NOT an actor-unless of course you’re Clooney, well then you could own Hollywood for all I care-but in the event that you are NOT Clooney, I really hope that you are not an actor, in fact I’d really like it if you weren’t in the entertainment industry at all. But before you and others raise protest let me explain: I am friends with many “acting “couples, so I’ve got a front row seat to these relationships and let me tell you it’s not pretty, two very passionate and overly dramatic people trying to navigate the choppy waters of a relationships makes for lots of arguments, now granted the make-up sex I’m told is brilliant, but seriously do we have to endure a world war to have great sex? I don’t think so. So these couples fight and make up and fight and make up and just writing about it is exhausting me. 

Of course there is the odd 1% who manage to make it work, but I’ve never been in the favourable 1% and I don’t feel like taking a risk. No, I would much prefer it if you were in a business trade, I’m not saying you’ve got to be a wall street exec-though of course that wouldn’t hurt- but I do think it’s best for our sanity if you were in another trade. 

Of course, since I am an actor, it’s important that you have some appreciation for my craft in the same way that I appreciate yours, it’s also important that you understand my schedule is not a 9-5(see a previous post for reference) but that you accept it, as I will no doubt accept your frequent business trips. 

Now of course there will be a group who will be up in arms about my thinking, but Darling, you’ve got to trust me on this. Sincerely Tarryn P.S You better not be a sportsman again I refer to a previous post for reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment