Tuesday 22 October 2013

Dear Future Husband

I grew up watching stuff like “The Nanny” and “The West Wing” and “Jerry Maguire”  where I met and fell in love with A+ couples like Nanny Fine and Mistah Sheffield or Jed and Abbey Bartlet…do you see where i’m going with this?
Despite my “devil may care” attitude towards love, I am in fact at my very core a romantic at heart!
of course like all woman I love to be wined and dined but what I REALLY want is someone to have a conversation with.
I dont want diamonds and champagne-though they would be nice- I want WORDS!!!
I want someone who wants to talk about history or politics or the bloody neighbours cat, not someone who comes home and turns on the television. I want to discuss books and poetry with you,i want to have intelligent arguments, not just an argument where we see who can say “Fuck” the most.
In short I want someone with whom I can share a sort of Sorkinequse repartee.
I see many people rolling their eyes thinking “this woman is crazy, that kind of relationship doesn’t exist” but you see they’re wrong because it does exist, do you think people write this kind of stuff for TV by themselves?NO! they’ve all experienced it which is why they write about it and why we have such rich romantic characters like the Sheffields and the Bartlets!
so my darling future husband,I would encourage you to read all you can and to take an interest in the world around you so that you are fully prepared for the intelligent, witty,adoring and loving adventure that will be our marriage!
Sincerely
Tarryn

No comments:

Post a Comment